Regardless of age, all applicants must be present when applying.
Forms must be filled out in black ink only.
Do not sign application before coming to our office.
For more information please contact Amanda West. Tomika Carroll, Romie Hanks or Brittany Ashley at 318-872-3110.
What you need to have with you when you are applying for a passport:
- Original Birth Certificate or Birth Card (These may be obtained on the second floor)
- Valid Louisiana Drivers License.
- Two (2) Identical Photographs of yourself , size 2 inches by 2 inches (2×2). (These may be obtained in our passport office for $13.00)
- Check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State for applicable fees (Separate check for each applicant).
- Money Order, debit or credit card or Cash payable to the Desoto Parish Clerk of Court for processing fee ($35.00 each applicant).
- You will need both your parents first, middle and last name, date of birth, and place of birth.
- You will need current spouse or most recent spouses full name, date of birth, place of birth, date of marriage. If you are widowed/divorce you will need the widow/divorce date.
- If an applicant is 16 years old and over, the fee is $110.00 for passport book, or $30.00 for a passport card (not valid for air travel).
- If an applicant is 15 years old and under, the fee is $80.00 for passport book, or $15.00 for passport card (not valid for air travel).
- An additional processing fee of $35.00 and passport photo fee of $13.00 is due to the DeSoto Parish Clerk of Court either by money order, debit/credit card or cash on both of the above passport applications.
- If the applicant is 16 years or older, he/she must sign the application in person and present his/her own identification.
- If the applicant is under 16 years old, he/she must apply in person with both parents, and submit proof of relationship to parents (ex. birth certificate, adoption decree that list the parent(s) names (s), even if the child has a previous passport. The applicant also needs both parents’ signatures on the DS-11, or one signature and a completed notarized DS-3503( a custody order or death certificate may be required). A copy of the mother’s and father’s driver’s licenses must accompany the child’s application.
- Routine Services: 8-11weeks
- Expedited Services: 5-7 weeks