A marriage license costs $32.50 cash or check
Approximate application time is 15-20 minutes
Must apply in person and furnish the following :
1. Drivers License/Identification card of both the Bride/Spouse and Groom/Spouse.
2. A certified copy of the birth certificates.
3. Most information will be taken from the birth record, please be prepared to provide the following for both, Groom/Spouse and Bride/Spouse: • Full name as stated on birth record • Date of birth • State of birth • Father’s full name and his state of birth • Mother’s full name [Maiden Name] and her state of birth
4. Addresses for mailing for the Bride/Spouse and Groom/Spouse and Parish of residence.
5. Social Security Cards of both Bride/Spouse and Groom/Spouse.
6. Highest grade of education completed – no proof necessary.
7. If either party was married before, we need a certified copy of their Divorce Judgment/Decree showing the date of divorce.
8. The Marriage License expires 30 days from the date of issuance. The ceremony must be performed before the expiration date.
9. The couple must wait 24 hours from the time/date of issuance before they wed, unless they obtain a waiver of the 24-hour waiting period from a Justice of the Peace. The waiver must be obtained before the ceremony and should be returned with the marriage license to the Clerk.
10. A Minister of the Gospel, Judge or Justice of the Peace may perform the ceremony within the State of Louisiana.
11. No blood tests are required for Marriage license in Louisiana.
12. Applicants must not be related by blood or adoption.
Please contact the Clerk of Court office if you have any questions or need additional information. 318-872-3110. OFFICE HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.